You were led to this article for a reason, probably by your higher self, an archangel, or another wondrous being of light who is guiding you in these unsure times. In this time, your body is changing from a heavy 3D based physiology to a crystalline structure. Your past exercise and lifestyle choices are most likely not going to serve you as well now, and in the future.
Tai Chi and Qi Gong (aka Chi Kung) are an excellent way to attune to your higher self/release your ego while giving your physical body much needed movement and stretching. By doing a Tai Chi workout/routine daily you will draw closer to a deeper understanding of all that is, rejuvenate your muscles, joints, organs, and even brain with chi (life force), stop your mind’s unnecessary chatter, and enter a meditative state.
During these changing times, it is of the utmost importance to keep your body healthy and feeling “light.” At least 15-30 minutes of exercise each day, coupled with a great deal of water intake, and healthy “real food” will serve your spiritual growth well.
I just started doing Tai Chi for the first time ever about three months ago. I have always been quite physically fit; doing martial arts, weight training, running, and other activities all of my life. Being in my 20s, I thought that I was “too young” to even benefit from such a low impact and slow moving exercise. I had the misconception that you needed to be near-bedridden to take up this form of exercise; otherwise, I would be better off with a high impact routine. Thankfully, I was quite wrong. What led me to considering Tai Chi was an injury that has really plagued me for about a year now. This injury has made it really difficult to do almost any type of intense exercise like I used to do. Before Tai Chi, I did some yoga (which I also really like, and has very much the same spiritual benefits).
My father, Sensei Jon, is the Instructor of the Mastering Life Force videos. This may sound pretty ridiculous, but I started off watching and following along with his Youtube classes; and continue to do so today! Even though I see him almost every day, I feel really comfortable pulling out my iPad and following along whenever the time seems right. At first, I think I had trouble breathing correctly. This made me feel light-headed after just a few minutes, and seemed to limit the positive effects. Once I finally started to breathe into my stomach the right way, the life force really seemed to increase within my body.
Now, I like to choose one of his videos and follow along just about every day. Not only does it allow me to stretch out my body, but I feel that absolutely everything in my life has become more aligned and peaceful. The life force has had a healing effect on my injury, and I have been able to clear my mind, and allow more space for guidance from my incredible guides.
Some things that have happened to me since starting Tai Chi/Chi Kung:
- The injury/health problem that had made it really difficult to live a normal life (exercise, running, and even just standing up too long would give me issues), which doctors and imaging experts could not “find the cause of” has dramatically improved. Not only has the Tai Chi helped, but I was led to a natural healer who has worked on me and gave me herbs for my situation.
- I feel much more decisive now. I am an entrepreneur myself, and always have so many ideas and projects that I am running towards. A downfall of mine is a lack of decisiveness on long term decisions. It seems that I am being led down the right path more clearly now, thank The Lord.
- My eating habits and health has been getting better. I chose to give up meat, and stick with real foods. If it comes out of a box or bag you probably shouldn’t eat it. I do realize that I fudge up from time to time, even with fudge. But, miles away from where I was a while back.
- I feel much more peaceful and at nearly always at ease. I don’t make problems, and feel that I do much better at removing my ego from situations. I think my family has noticed that I am not “stressed” and “under pressure” like I seemed to be in the past. Of course, these stresses and pressures were self-made, and they being around me pretty annoying most of the time (I imagine)
- I am more aware of messages from my guides and angels now. If you don’t believe in guides, I assume you attribute every synchronicity in life as a coincidence. I won’t get into arguing that thought process (because I want to respect everyone’s viewpoint and beliefs even if they don’t match my feeling of truth). But, let me give you an example. A few weeks back, when my (ex)health problem was really intense, in terms of pain and un-comfortableness, I flipped open a book. This book was “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle, as I have sporadically been reading it a second time through. On one page I read about the story of the king who called for an enlightened spiritual master to teach him how to overcome his problems. The master returned with a golden ring which had the inscription “This too, will pass,” and told the king that is all her will ever need. That same night, I was watching an episode of “The Big Bang Theory”, and Sheldon retold this exact story in the show. This was obviously a message from above; and I was thankful to have received it. From my understanding, your guides will try and get your attention and answer your questions in formats like that. When you see or hear the same message from random sources in a short period of time; it is never a coincidence. Actually nothing in life is accidental.
What is the Difference Between Tai Chi and Chi Kung
I am not a master historian of these arts; but I will tell you the difference in my eyes. Tai Chi seems to have more footwork and combinations of elements; where you are not only focusing on your breathing, but also flowing energy in various fashions as you add footwork. Chi Kung are more stationary movements. So, Tai Chi is really just Chi Kung with added footwork and combinations. I prefer simple Chi Kung routines, especially Chinese Temple exercises and Shoalin 18 Lohan.
But, don’t get so caught up on the histories and specific forms (unless you are really a martial arts buff). Otherwise, I recommend that you just pick it up and press play. Choose one of the free classes on our site right now and just try it.
I wish you the absolutely best on your journey! -Michael